- About StarPound
Chapter 1. About Telephony Configuration
In StarPound, an end user (customer) can interact with an application using several channels: web, email, web services, or phone calls. When the end user initiates an application using the phone, the system plays messages, prompts the caller to choose options, and responds to spoken phrases and dial pad input. The application can also connect the call to a member of your workforce if needed.
StarPound integrates several components and technologies to accomplish this automated call processing. This document provides instructions for configuring the different components involved in telephony call control in StarPound.
For more information, see the following documentation:
- The StarPound CORE Installation Guide provides information on installing the hardware and software for all components of the Suite.
- The StarPound Studio User Guide provides information on creating application models that utilize voice and call control interaction.
- The Management Console User Guide provides information on setting up your workforce for the Agent Desktop, configuring telephony options on the server, and understanding Supervisor Workspace.
- Information on Kamailio (a.k.a OpenSER):
- Information on Asterisk:
- Information on FreeSwitch: